Sunday, November 13, 2016

2 Days at Comanchee Cove Marina

     Pete spent the day catching up on work and doing a special weekend project.
     I sent most of Saturday driving the car. I left at 8 AM, heading down to Delray Beach to pick up Bailey.  Had a wonderful lunch with Ann and Howie before picking up Bailey. She has never spent more than 2 days in a kennel and is usually depressed when we leave her with Chris and Kelli or Heather.  I didn’t know how she would be when I got there.  As it turns out, she charmed the staff and everyone wanted to play ball with her.  She has a mean pitch.  She will toss the ball and it will always hit your foot! She was excited to see me, but it was the same if I had only been gone an hour.
     There was another beautiful sunset today, but it happened while I was traveling.  I used my cell phone, but it couldn’t do the sunset true justice.  Bailey and I returned to the marina around 7 PM and picked Pete up to grab a quick bit to eat. Since we didn’t want to leave Bailey alone, we ate in the car.
      Once back on board, Bailey was needy, so I sat on the floor and cuddled with her. After that, things were back to normal.
     Sunday was spent between laundry, onboard chores and shopping. Oh, Yea, we needed to move the boat again as the slip holders were returning today. Exiting the new slip will make it easier to head out at twilight tomorrow.
      Dinner was at Vinny’s Pizzeria here at Comanchee Cove.  It was an excellent, thin crust pizza. Carried out the remaining pizza in a box and took it with us as we went to drop of the car.  The Enterprise location is on Outlet Mall Blvd.  About a mile off the road is a Cadillac Dealer.  After that is the Outlets for another half mile, then there is the Enterprise building across from the Ford Dealer. Very dark and deserted after 7 pm on a Sunday.  Since there is not key drop-off at Enterprise, I was told to drop the car off at the Ford Service area and place the key in the drop box.  With the area so remote, Pete felt our best chance of getting an Uber driver to pick us up would be back at the main road. So. . .  we walked the mile and a half back to a hotel near the Route 16.  And, yes, Uber did come pick us up. 
     Most of the world was treated to a magnificent Super Moon tonight.  Here in St. Augustine, we had heavy clouds. I am looking forward to photos taken by those who saw it!
      Once back, we readied for an early departure in the morning.


~ ~ ~ /) ~~  K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment