Friday, February 16, 2018

Week Three in Key West

Monday, 2/12 -      While Pete worked, I walked over to the hotel and went directly to the exercise room.  I had it all to myself as I timed it after 10. I figured that everyone would be done so they could go into town, eat at the restaurant or sit by the pool, and I was right!  The room is much nicer and the equipment newer.  Time passes faster when you see scenery move and change on the screen as you walk.  As you can see it was worth finding!



   It took a while to cool down once I returned to the boat.  Pete made us lunch then I headed to the showers.  As I left the showers, I noticed that the laundry was empty and all the machines free.  So, guess what I did next!  By 4 pm all the laundry was done.
      Tonight, the marina guests were invited to the Salty Oyster for a free drink courtesy of Dockwa App. WE met our neighbors, Hugh and Deb (SC SIMPLICITY), Dorine and John (SV DOLCE VENTO) and their dock neighbors Gary and Sheila (Sailboat from north Florida), Skip, (SV MAJESTIC DREAM) who is friends with Peggy and Hans, who we met in Castle Harbor and hoped to meet in North Carolina last winter. Jenny, the Dockwa rep shared her sailing tales in Newport as well as information on the company.  It was a fun time and everyone had a great time.
     Once back we had Lasagna and another night of Olympics. Unfortunately, due to high winds the Super-G’s had been postponed so there was a lot of “bla-bla, bla-bla-bla….” But the U.S. did manage to get gold and bronze in the Women’s Snowboard Half Pipe.   That was exciting!

Looking down on the lobby
for the Perry Hotel
Tuesday, 2/13 -    After breakfast, Pete was back at work while I went to the gym. On the way back I spoke with Deb (SIMPLICITY) and told her we would love to sail with them and how about we discuss the particulars over hour d’ourves tonight? There was a definite “yes!”
     I called GNC Corporate and found out the Natural Vitamin E is available and can be ordered at the store.  Pete and I took a ride to GMC, ordered the vitamins then stopped by Office Max to pick up the mouse.  Since Publix was aslo there, picked up a few items there also.
      I made bruschetta and had crackers and Dubliner cheese, while Deb and Hugh brought some delicious fresh shrimp cocktail. There is a great fish market that sold the shrimp nearby that I will have to visit.  We enjoyed swapping tales and information.  Two hours flew by and the food disappeared.  We plan to leave around 8 on Friday and return home on Sunday.  I offered to make chicken fajitas for dinner Saturday.
     With all the good nibblers, we decided on a light dinner and once again watch the Olympics.  Tonight’s big event was the Men’s Snowboard Halfpipe where the US again took the gold and bronze!

Wednesday, 2/14 -      We exchanged some great Valentine’s cards, before breakfast.  Once again Pete worked and I went to exercise.
Pete was walking Bailey when they encountered these ladies.
Bailey and the "girls" were just curious.
I still haven't found out just what they are

      When I returned I cooled down, but my headache remained.  I chilled for the afternoon while Pete finished up working and read.  Since I hadn’t taken anything our for dinner, Pete suggested another Pizza at Roostica.  Once again it was delicious, but the service was very slow.
     When we returned, Paula and Steve were on the dock and Bailey made a fuss when we returned.  We started talking and Deb and Hugh joined us.  It turns out that we will now be 3 boats for Saturday’s sail!
     I have started reading Memory Man by David Baldacci, one of my favorite authors.  Unfortunately, the story and real life paralleled today, with a high school shooting just north of Miami. Not sure if I will pick up with the book or not.  Prayers are with the 17 victims and their families as well as all this tragedy touches.
    Between my headache and not being able to get into the Super G skiing so we called it an early night.

Thursday,  2/15 -      As I left to go exercise Hugh was also walking up the dock.  I asked if another boat could join our cruise.  He said the more the merrier, so I stopped by DOLCE VENTO and asked if they would like to join us.  The rigger is due on Friday and if all is ok they will sail with the group.
     I was earlier than usual for the gym.  There were 5 others working out. Thankfully, there was a treadmill free. I will keep to the slightly later time.
     After lunch I mentioned to Paula that I was going to Publix for a few more items for Saturday and she was welcome to join me.
     Once back, I work on the blog and photos and of course watched some of the Olympics.

Friday, 2/16 -       I wanted to make sure that Hadi’s card got mailed today.  It is hard to believe she will be five.  Where does the time go?!
Here is a unique perspective of the Key's RR Bridge
that I forgot to include with the photos from Pine Key
      I made an apple cake for dinner with DOLCE VENTO’s crew tonight.  I also cleaned the head and reorganized the galley after making a small disaster while preparing the cake.
      Pete had a busy day scheduled work wise, but also managed to fit in the preparations necessary for tomorrow’s excursion to Boca Grande Key.
      I got some time in on the blog, but the internet is one again slow.  I will see how far I can get before having to leave for dinner.

 ~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~  K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment