Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Mile Hammock to Morehead City ~ 2 days

     We were the last to leave the anchorage around 8 am.  Pete wanted to navigate though the skinny areas just north of the entrance to Mile Hammock, where the ocean has breached the dunes and created shifting shallows.  We did have about a foot under the keel and was glad we were on a rising tide.  Close by, they were dredging Brown's Inlet.
     Pete had work, so I had the helm for a while.  The winds were light and the skies cloudy.
     We arrived around 4:30 pm. And plan to stay 2 days so Pete can work on a project and I can pick up some things tomorrow.
Morning Dew
      In the morning, there were crews using a jack hammer on one of the cement walkways.  When I asked about the loaner car, she apologized for the noise and said that there was no charge (instead of the $10 fee) due to the early morning noise.  It was currently out, so I asked if it would be available around 4.  Since I needed to go to Harris Teeter and West Marine, Pete called in an order to Jersey Mike’s that I picked up on my way back. 
       Pete and George worked most of the day on a work project, while I got a few chores ticked of my list before food shopping.

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~  P & K

No comments:

Post a Comment