Saturday, November 26, 2022

Week 10 / Week 4 in Ft. Pierce (and New Jersey)

Sunday, 11/20/22 ~ Saturday, 11/26/22

     I brought Mom home from rehab on Monday. She was thrilled to be home. She even approved of the newly cleaned and organized room. She enjoyed settling into her home. We discussed the possibility of having family over once Mom is home. There is a lot of sickness going around especially at the rehab. It might be just the 3 of us and that’s OK. Thanksgiving morning came and Mom woke with a bad sore throat.

     As it turned out, Debi’s son and daughters had dinner with their dad and stopped by after they ate. They were too full to enjoy the cake I

baked. It is a variation of my Gram’s recipe. I was unable to get strawberries, but since raspberries were on sale, I used them instead. The light, yellow cake with whipped cream, dark chocolate and the raspberries was outrageous. I can say that without reservations as I ate almost half of the cake over the next 3 days. 

    Pete joined Ann and Howie for Thanksgiving Dinner at the Club. It was a delicious dinner, but no one could believe that they ran out of mashed potatoes. Pete and Howie played golf on Friday, before Pete returned to the boat.

    Mom tested positive for Covid on Friday. She brought it home from rehab. Unfortunately, Deb also tested positive, and I spent the weekend caring for both of them.

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~   K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment