Sunday, November 12, 2023

2023 - 2024 Cruise ~ Week 7 / Week 2 Fort Pierce

     Tillie doesn’t know Daylight Standard Time yet. She woke at 6:15, with dawn on Sunday morning. Pete took her for a walk around 6:45. It was another beautiful day, temps at 59 going up to 80. The breezes are light once again out of the NNE, but increased during the day.
     After breakfast, we headed over to the dog park. As we entered the area, all 4 dogs were sitting at attention by the pavilion, watching the newcomer. She had a blast.
 
SV SETTING SUN
     When it was time to leave, we rode down to Jensen Beach, had a quick lunch and came “home” along the scenic drive near the river. As we continued on, over to check out the scenery at the jetty, we saw Joe & Taura’s boat, SV SETTING SUN at anchor.
     Once back, we spent the afternoon sitting up above and read before the Phillies/Cowboys game at 4:30. It proved to be an exciting game with a nail-biting ending. Eagles won!!! They are firmly in the lead with 9 & 1.

Marina Cat loves
Taura & Joe's wagon

     Tillie is still trying to adjust to the time change. She was moving around Monday, at dawn, but didn’t whimper until 30 minutes later, but 6:45 was still early.
     Georgia was able to stop by around 9 this moring. She’s going to modify the joiner before making the pattern for the enclosure. We are looking forward to the final product.
     The rest of the day, Pete worked on a project while I worked on the blog.

     Tuesday’s alarm went off at 5:15 am and we were heading south at 5:45, in order to make Pete’s 8am CAT scan at Boca West Hospital. Tillie & I walked around the perimeter of the hospital while Pete was inside. It was a quick appointment and, since we needed to kill time before my 11 am appointment for my hair in West Palm Beach, we opted to do breakfast at Dunkin. We also checked out Riviera Beach Marina before we needed to head over to the salon.
     It was rather eerie when I walked into the salon. My stylist was there alone. For some reason, all the stylists quit simultaneously. (There's gotta be a story there!) Since I was only doing the color, I was out in and out in less than an hour. Then it was back to the Fort Pierce.
     Pete worked the afternoon while I went to Walmart for most of the items on my list. While there, Chris called, and we spoke for about a half hour. It took me another 40 minutes to finish my shopping. I did the self-checkout, as usual, and with only 3 items left, the scanner went wonky. I had to completely unpack my canvas bags and redo my entire checkout. Then it was off to Publix for the last few items on my list, I finally made it back to the marina around 5:30; quickly unpacked and put everything away. Thankfully, I picked up a rotisserie chicken and salads which made for a delicious and fast dinner. Needed to chill after dinner.

      Wednesday, I was bad and didn’t take Tillie to the dog park. She had her grooming appointment at noon. We dropped her off and continued to Taco Dive. Pete finally tried my favorite: the Taco Salad with steak and their yummy Dive Sauce. We enjoy watching the inlet boat traffic while eating. There is usually interesting boats to see. Today, we saw a strange ship depart. It was an off-shore supply/support ship named AXIS. It was funky and fairly new. We found out that it services a lot of large, private yachts.

Support Ship AXIS

     We moved over to the parking lot and enjoyed the sights at the inlet until it was time to pick up Tillie.
     Apparently, today Tillie was a totally spoiled brat. She carried on terribly, wanting to play with the other dogs, who free-range in the space. She was loud, with her high pitched, excited bark and constantly on the move. It was very difficult for the staff to work.

  
Before and after. . .and still an attitude!

      Thursday brought chores and laundry for me, and more work for Pete.  I finally posted Week 6 onto the blog.
     
     I had my eye appointment on Friday in Stuart. I just love having my eyes burned by the solutions and icky from the yellow dialation solution, not to mention my eye makeup half gone. (NOT!!!)  On our way back, we stopped by to pick up a new vest for Pete as I shrank his original one when I washed it yesterday. He needs it for the competition tomorrow.
     Mike and Barbara, SV ELAN, returned to I-dock today.  It was so good to welcome them.  Plans are in the works for a Taco Tuesday this coming week!   Diane and Dave, MV ARGONAUT, we are waiting for you!

     Pete was up and out by 6 am for the competition on Saturday. It was a beautiful, warm and calm day. It was great for walking Tillie through the downtown market, with all the people, dogs, as well as the food and craft stalls. She walked and behaved perfectly. For Pete, the sun and heat was a drain. He came back dirty and overheated. He couldn’t wait for a shower.

Water Lillies by the Manatee Center this morning

     Ann & Howie came up to welcome us to Florida. We planned on an early dinner and since Howie wished seafood by the water,  we “settled” for Chucks Seafood, which is on the inlet. There was no "settling". Everything we ordered was delicious. Their smoked fish dip is soooo good and their variety of freshly caught, local fish was great. Pete and Howie really enjoyed their special Cajun Crust on the fish. All too soon we had to say good-bys, but we will see them next weekend for a week. We will be staying with them for a while after Pete has his knee replacement surgery next Monday.
     All the walking and standing for 6 hours in this heat, and without a breeze, made it feel like 100 degrees. That takes a lot out of you. With a belly full of great food, Pete didn’t stay up very long before calling it a night.

     I am looking froward to this coming week. I think it should be less chaotic with most of the appointments done and the major boat chores completed. Hopefully there is more time to relax, read and do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment