Monday, October 24, 2016

Busier than Expected

The Chaple at River Dunes
     Pete knew that his work day would be busy so I planned to stay out of his way.

     I was able to vacuum while Pete walked the dog.  When they returned, I washed around Bailey’s ears.  She has had the ointment applied 2x daily and her “hat” is worn 24/7 for the past 2 weeks (and at least another 2 weeks to go!)  Then I gathered the laundry and my shower bag and hair dye and highlight kit and off I went.  I managed to time everything within 2 hours, alternating between the machines and the bath house, and I spoke with 2 other ladies discussing our travel plans! I was back just in time for lunch. Laundry was put away and I grabbed my list and canvas bags. It was time to sign out the courtesy car. Unfortunately, this was the same time most the 30 boats with reservations for tonight, also arrived. I finally found the dock master on the fuel dock, and was given permission to take the car when it returned and fill out the paperwork later. 2 PM was the only available time slot and somehow, it was only for an hour instead of the 90 mins, and it the prior users were 15 minutes late returning.  GPS said it would take 13 minutes each way. Even speed shopping in 25 minutes in a store layout I didn’t know, I returned 10 minutes after 3. Putting away groceries on board also requires reorganizing due to space. Now it was after 4 and I still needed to complete the paperwork and sign us up for the Cruiser’s Dinner.  Remember all those newly docked boats?  Well, they also need to register for their stay.  When I arrived at the desk, there were 4people in front of me.  Since most were from the Sail To The Sun Rally, there were lots of questions. I made it back to the boat with a half hour to spare before we needed to leave for dinner.
River Dunes Harbor Club & Marina
      When we arrived, we were surprised that there were only a few people there.  We spoke with a property owner, Lynne, while she waited for her guest. Then we enjoyed a great chili with the fixings, corn muffins, salad and cake.
     Once back, I tried to post to the blog, but I don’t know if it was an internet speed problem or just a Blogspot problem. I must have tried to load entries 8-10 times with only one success.  Hopefully, I will be able to be successful tomorrow in Morehead City.
     So much for a relaxing day!



~ ~ ~ /) ~~  K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment