Sunday, October 29, 2017

Staying Put in Belhaven


The winds and heavy rains arrived a bit earlier that forecasted, 3 am instead of 7 am . . .and we are safe and secure here at the dock.  The sound of the rain along with the gentle rocking of the boat lead to a great night’s sleep.  Pete slept until 8 and I didn’t budge until after 9.  I guess a couple of night of poor sleep finally caught up with me.

Pete had some work to catch up on, so he worked in the cockpit.  With the enclosure, it was bright and comfortable despite all the rain. As the day progressed, the temperatures dropped, and it became a bit raw.  I started a pot of chili for dinner.  I also went through all the photos from the cruise and prepped them for posting.  I planned to do it tonight, but that storm, which did get named "Phillipe" for a brief period earlier today, but was quickly downgraded. Well, tail end of rain and wind just arrived. No sooner did it arrive when all of Belhaven lost electricity.  Since this is on battery I will finish up tonight’s entry and hopefully post everything to the blog once we are at River Dunes tomorrow.

~~~ /) ~~  K & P


No comments:

Post a Comment