Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Riviera - Take 3

     Christmas cards were mailed and the ornaments are completed.  It took a couple to trips to Michael’s to make sure I had everything we needed.   Ann was a great help in getting them completed. I am still searching for a few more presents for people, but we are getting there slowly. 
Boat damaged at the dock by IRMA
Found on my walk after the rains ~
part of a palm tree
     Pete received a call from West Marine, Delaware, that our new outboard motor is in.  We will pick it up when we visit for Christmas. Pete offered the old dinghy motor for free on Active Captain. He received his first request within 20 minutes.  Three additional ones were received by the evening.  It was picked up by 2 pm the next day.
     The windows were sealed again, but the rain highlighted another leak.  I put out the plastic drape cloths just in case, which once again kept the cushions dry. Pete hopes to remove all four windows and re-bed them with the new butyl tape. With the cold front that came through last weekend, we will need to wait for warmer and drier weather so that it seals correctly. That cold front dropped temperatures from 79 degrees at 11 am to 63 degrees by 12:30 pm.  It continued downward much more slowly until it bottomed out at 41 degrees by 7 am.  We are not complaining, but a lot of Floridians are wearing winter coats and hats. Back home, our kids are dealing with low 20’s.

     The same time as the temperatures fell, I developed my first cold in 4-5 years.  As I write this, I am 3 days into it and not very happy, (the post nasal drip kept me awake almost all Sunday night.)  Needless to say, I crashed and burned on Monday night.  I got up for breakfast Tuesday, and crawled back into bed to sleep until 1:30 pm!  The sleep really helped, and I know I will be on the uptick soon.
A memorable sunset here at the marina!



     We hope that as you read this, you are well and enjoying the preparations to the holidays.

~~~ /) ~~ K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment