Saturday, December 14, 2019

~ Stay in Fort Pierce ~ Week 4

Sunday, 12/8/19 ~ Here in Ft. Pierce, the heavy rains came through last night.  However, the sun came out and Pete headed north to Orlando to visit a specialty store.  He enjoyed just exploring, and grabbed lunch on the road.
     He returned around 6 PM. Once off  95, the closer to Ft. Pierce, he got the more congested the roads and parking was impossible.  It turns out that today is the Christmas Parade, Market and Tree Lighting Ceremony.  Thousands of people, both young and old, crowded downtown enjoying everything including the bounce house, face painting, Christmas Market and food vendors. No point hunting for parking. Instead he headed south on Rt. 1, finding a Taco Bell for dinner and sat in the parking lot and read for a few hours until he was pretty sure the crowds left.

My Mom's favorite ornament
. . . A Snow Baby!
Monday, 12/9/19 ~  Pete was very busy with work.  He and George started around 7:30 this morning and finally wound up things around 6 PM.
      I was able to put a few hours on the blog and catch up with Pete's Mom.
      Debi and I headed to BJ's to pick up her new glasses, which I really like on her.  Now not only can she see, but she looks great while doing it!  Nobody goes to BJ's without coming home with more than planned. Debi had a basket full, while I was able to pick up the first of my Christmas gifts.
     Once home, Debi, Mom and I headed to The Heritage Diner in Hackensack, for dinner. Debi has been craving fried shrimp and scallops. Mom has been craving chicken liver pate, and the salad bar they offer, and I had Salmon, which was excellent.

Tuesday, 12/10/19 ~  Today was rather quiet. Pete had some work projects to clean up and then was able to break around 10 so that the rental car could be returned. Once back, he did the laundry.
     Debi and I did some strategizing on support for Mom once Debi returns to work.  Mom needs someone to help her with her insulin amounts and make sure she takes the rest of her medications. At 92 is is getting a little forgetful.  Thankfully, Terry, Mom's home care person, is able to cover the hours we need her.

My 2019 Ornaments ~
Otherwise known as
"Christmas Tree Jewelry"
Wednesday, 12/11/19 ~ Pete had a full day of work. He and Tim got together for dinner at Cobb's Landing. Tim will be staying there a few more weeks.  It is time to decompress after the cruise down.  Pete agrees that it is more challenging making the trip solo.
     I took advantage to run a bunch of errands. I went to Staples,  Bed Bath and Beyond, Michael's, and BJ's.  Once back, Debi and I made up this year's Christmas ornaments.  We both had a good time.

Thursday, 12/12/19 ~  Pete stripped the bed, put up our 2-dimensional Christmas Tree, and finished cleaning the interior.  There were showers all around, but few hit Ft, Pierce.  It was the wind that made things more interesting.  The 20+ mph winds are out of the NE and are coming abeam of the boat.  As a result she is rocking at the dock. When the current is heading south, the boat is compressing the 4 fenders almost to the point of popping.  There is also a vortex that forms as the current passes the bow.  The water is raised about 4 inches and the air is sucked down inside the vortex for about 5 feet.  It is amazing to see.
I couldn't resist ~
the tree lights reflected
on the front door
     I did a little more on the blog, did laundry and went with Debi to her hair salon to have my 2-inch + grey roots taken care of.  When we entered the salon, Debi informed me that they do not take credit cards. As I got ready to give her what for, she told me that Mom was treating me to this. I wasn't even allowed to tip!  The stylist did a great job matching my color and the trim and blow dry looked great.       Once home I had to head up to Deneen's to pick up Bailey. Due to commuter traffic it took me about 30 minutes longer.  Bailey was thrilled to see me. It has been 2+ months. All though she had Lizzie for company, a thick bed to sleep on, and she could no longer sleep upstairs with Shelby, because the stairs to her loft are too steep and her hip is stiff and sore, but she still had a good time.  However, once I was there, she stayed by my feet all night, even while eating Joe's delicious Chicken Parmesan. It was great so visit with Deneen and Joe, but too soon we needed to head back to Debi's.

Friday, 12/13/19 ~ Pete was up around 5:30 AM.  He wanted to do a final pickup and vacuum before the Uber arrived.  Unfortunately, there was another filter, we didn't know about, that was clogged on the Dyson.  He had to leave it for when we get home.
     That 's right. . . Bailey and I are finally heading home! Pete has a 9 AM flight from West Palm Beach and arrives in Newark at 1 PM. While he is in the air, I finalized my packing and Bailey and I met Pete around 1:30.  Bailey was excited, but I know I was even more thrilled.
     Once back at the house. Pete had a work project that needed attention.  He worked until about 4:30 and then we headed to Texas Road House for dinner. Debi hoped to join us, but she didn't feel up to it.  She did however treat us to dinner, which was wonderful.
     Once back, we packed the car so that we only have to wake, walk the dog and be on the road by 2 AM. It was time to say our thanks and good-byes around 8:30 PM and head to sleep in Chelsea's room.
     I am so glad I was able to be there for both my sister and, earlier this spring, for my Mom, and even more thankful that I have such a wonderful, understanding, supportive and loving husband!

Saturday, 12/14/19 ~ The alarm went off at 1:30 AM. We were able to quietly leave the house and be on the road at 2.  The heavy rains that arrived last night continued until 4 and then fog accompanied us until we entered Richmond.  The skies lightened, but stayed overcast. The sun played hide and seek for a good part of the day and the further south we traveled, the temperatures rose into the mid 70's by mid-afternoon.  We decided to find a Jersey Mike's and have subs for dinner before getting to the marina. As a result, we were finally home around 8 PM. We texted the family that we arrived safely.
     The car was unpacked and simply placed on board.  Tomorrow, after a good night's sleep,  I will put things away.
     "There is no place like home!"

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~  P & K

No comments:

Post a Comment