Saturday, January 7, 2023

Week 16 / Week 10 in Ft. Pierce

Sunday, 1/1/23 ~ Saturday, 1/7/23

   The New Year brough more seasonable weather. Much more activity on the dock and around the marina.

                                                                

                                                        Especially from the birds!  -->
Mullet and Catfish seeking shade under the dock
Fish have sensetive eyes, so they need shade.

 
Magnigicant sunsets . . .
 
 
and awsome full moon rises!

    Tillie and I are walking over to the parking lot by the Manatee Center.  I am training and excercising her trying to burn off some of her energy. These early moring walks have lead to some great photo opps.

 
 



 



     I have started using the laundromat over on Hutchinson Island. It has a lot more and reliable machines and the price isn’t much more than at the marina. I also don’t have to go to the office, a quarter of a mile away, if I need more quarters and I can park right outside the front door. This week as I parked a took notice of a gentleman reading outside of the laundromat. He looked so familiar. I finally put a name to the face. Ed is one of our sail mates from CCYC. Connie was already inside. They are docked here on the island until April, when they might cross over to the Bahamas. We made sure we had the correct contact information between us and will plan to meet for lunch.

     Once home, I called Marilyn and Jon, from SV ESCAPADE now residents in Vero beach, as well as Lisa and George, SV BAYWIND, who are docked in Cape Canaveral in an attempt to set up a lunch with the Connie and Ed. Unfortunately, Lisa and George are not available next week, but the 6 of us will meet.

     Pete has definitely been working during the day. I know I am busy, but other than some minor chores aboard, cleaning up after, playing with, as well as training, feeding, watering and trying not to have more damage done to my lower legs and arms courtesy of Tillie’s sharp baby teeth. . .oh yea! We have a puppy who monopolizes our time most of the time!

 

    Tillie is really good 95% of the time; curious, self-occupy, loves lovin, and sleeps . . .
bur ~ the remaining 5% is lunacy with teeth. My legs currently have 7 bite marks (that bled considerably. While Pete needs new shorts.  Tillie thought he needed more air conditioning!  
Things will get better. Things will get better. Things will get better. . . . 

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~   K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment