Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Return of the Captain

Poolside cabanas
     The rains have stopped and the temperatures are in the high 60’s. Bailey and I anticipated a really nice walk. By 7:30, made it to the top of the dock and started talking with other boaters.  Pete, making one of his many travels south, gave us a heads up on the closing of the ICW through Camp Legune due to amphibious maneuvers scheduled for both Marines and Navy. After completing our walk, I went to give Dan and Gerry a heads’ up regarding the morning closings.  Once completed, I then started to speak with two other boaters on the dock. I finally had breakfast at 10:30.
This just called for a photograph
     I checked some of the photos I had processed last night.  I should know better than to process them on my laptop. With my older machine, a slight tilt of the screen changes the darkness/brightness and quality of the photo.  So…I set up my 24 inch monitor, secured it with clamps and organized a workspace.  I then reprocessed about 60 photos from yesterday as they were way too dark!
Bob, Pete, Kathy, Dan, Martha and Ann
courtesy of Jeanne
     Pete had left Delaware this morning and arrived at River Dunes around 3:30; promptly changed into shorts. It was 55 degrees when he left this morning. Right now it is about 74.
     He was glad to catch up with everyone at dinner.  Tonight it was lasagna, salad, bread and Key Lime Pie. Pete was exhausted and decided to turn in about 9:30. 
     Thanks to Pete for making the necessary adjustments, I could finally get a good signal with the external Wi-Fi antenna. Since the photos were processed, the blog entries were written, I was able to start posting, and posting I did!  I managed to get 7 daily entries with the photos posted up until the Wi-Fi disconnected.  It is 2:30 AM and we have to be up no later than 7, I am shutting down and packing it in.
     ‘Nite all!

 ICW Mile Marker    174 (Still!)
0.0 Hours       (Total 56.5 Hours)
0.0 Miles        (Total 365.8 Miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment