Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Walks, Photos and Laundry


The Chapel
The guest cottages
     I got smart and sorted the laundry last night.  After Bailey was feed, we took the laundry over to find both machines available for my use. Once laundry was started, Bailey and I walked around the property for the half hour, taking some photos, then returning in time to switch to the dryers. Back at the boat, I had breakfast then returned to the laundry.  The line was forming for the washers.  My darks were damp and the lights were wet.  I borrowed quarters so I could re-dry stuff, then I went to see Rich, the Harbormaster.  He reimbursed both Marcy (her washer didn’t spin out the water) and me. We were told to use the staff dryers for free. After we folded the staff linens from the dryer, I loaded the dryer and she waited for her clothes to finish spinning.

Not all the houses are mansions
 
Cottage's fire pit
   
Back at the boat, laundry put away and caught up with Pete.  With the rain on and off, I started processing photos.  I really have to learn to take less and weed them out faster!  Only partially done, I broke for Bailey and my dinners. Dinner was once again delicious.  Flank steak, oven baked potatoes, string beans with Brussels’ sprouts, salad, bread and dessert.

  
A carriage house home for residents
 who spend the winters on their Norhaven 50
  
The rains really started once we returned.  This is the remnants of Hurricane Patricia.  A week ago she was a tropical storm.  In a few hours she became a Cat 5, slamming into remote Mexico and downgrading quickly back to a tropical storm.  She flooded areas of Texas, continuing her rains and 35 mph winds to the Mississippi. She is now just a significant rain event that will continue through tomorrow for us here in North Carolina.




The landscaping adds a lot to the ambiance
 





Beautiful
purple topped grasses














    The rains made me check for leaks.  Unfortunately, I found a couple.  I think they are coming from the window seals. Hopefully, the rains will subside tomorrow to showers. 
     Bedtime for Bailey and me!

ICW Mile Marker    174 (Still!)
 0.0 Hours       (Total 56.5 Hours)
 0.0 Miles        (Total 365.8 Miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment