Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Heavy Rains, Wet Stuff and More Laundry!

     When the heavier stuff began to fall yesterday, I had placed cups where I know there are drips.  What I never expected is to wake up to wet feet!  Apparently, the windless on the bow needs to be resealed.  It dripped onto the shelf below, then down the corner, wetting my side of the bed.  Once in the cockpit, I was reminded that my enclosure isn’t perfect; it isn’t waterproof.  Most of the items in the cockpit were wet. Guess who visited the laundry again today?!?
     I was really disappointed that Leah and James pulled out in the downpour before I had a chance to say good-by. I really hope our paths cross again.
     Pete is still chest deep in his project for work. Since he uses my computer for mapping and his for information and emails, I spent the day cleaning, putting things back in place, and reading.  I just need to stay clear when he is so focused.  Thankfully, I was able to use the computer after dinner, process the photos and post to the web.  I am just about up to date!  I guess most of my postings will be completed in clumps. I’ll try to be more efficient.
    PINNACLE has really had a time of this maiden voyage.  They ran aground again.  They have decided to take the outside route to Charleston instead of the ICW due to concerns of shoaling and bridge height.  Hopefully, we will meet up with them in Charleston this weekend.  We didn’t realize they were not going to the Southport Villas Marina until after we paid for our additional night stay here at Carolina State Beach Marina. It just means we have to leave early to catch the ebb tide and meet the rest of our fleet by 8:30.
    P.S.  The weather service reported that Carolina Beach area received the most rain today. . .2.97 inches!  Sorry, no photos today.
 
ICW Mile Marker    296 (Layover)
0.0 Hours       (Total 75.0 Hours)
0.0 Miles       (Total 467.6 Miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment