Monday, November 9, 2015

Keepin’ Busy & Staying Put

     The winds and rains came and continued through the night.  We are the only boat of the four that is in a slip. RAGTIME, SEVILLA and BRUNELLE are sitting on the furthermost T-Head, and the winds drove the waves abeam of their boats.

This photo called to me
en route to the car
     Pete waited until after 8 to take Bailey for a walk.  She doesn’t like the rain and we don’t like the wet dog smell.  I tried to make a rain slicker out of a garbage bag.  Unfortunately, it didn’t make it halfway down the dock.  Yes, wet dog smell is very strong in close quarters!
     I waited for the rains to taper off before heading out to do the laundry. My timing was perfect.  I had all 4 washers and dryers free.  It is a good deal here, too $1/ in new large machines.
    Since the marina has a loaner car, I thought I might sign it out and run to Petco to see if I can get Bailey a rain coat.  I saw that Martha had already signed up for the 2-4 timeslot.  I’ll just beg a ride with her.
     I am so far behind on my photos that I had looked forward to working on them today and maybe getting the blog posted.  However, Bloody Mary’s were being offered on BRUNELLE at noon along with discussions as to our future travels.  We had a good time and even found time to discuss route options and time tables. Maureen is making a Pumpkin Vegetable soup and garlic bread.  Martha offered to make salad while Jeanne offered to bring dessert.   I will bring appetizers. Back at the boat, but due to car reservation at 2, I didn’t have time to get on the computer.
   Martha drove Jeanne and me to the shopping center they visited yesterday.  Petco is there along with Harris Teeter, Tuesday Morning, West Marine and others.  Bailey and Dory got new coats (but they were too small when we tried they on back at the marina.) I did really well in Tuesday Morning, picking up some items I have had on my list.  In Harris Teeter I decided to bring egg rolls as appetizers. I cut them into thick slices, baked and served with the Duck sauce as well as the Pineapple Jalapeño sauce.
     Once back from dinner, I started to work on and finally quit around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment