Saturday, October 20, 2018

Solomons ~ Day 2

     We awoke at 7:30 to be ready for the fuel dock to open at 8 so we could fill up.  Due to the cold, we were buttoned up.  As a result, the dock hand waited until 9 to knock on the hull.  We have always though that we had a 40-gallon fuel tank, however, we were only able to add 34.2 gallons of diesel, which might explain our confusion with our fuel gauge.
     Once fueled up, we motored over the T-head on the dock with ANDIAMO.  This makes it much easier to get together with them.  We are staying in here through Monday.  The winds are supposed to kick up to about 30 mph here on shore, with winds on the Bay topping 45 tomorrow.  I doubt anyone will be traveling tomorrow.      
Birds & Words!
     While putting on my makeup, I took note of mechanical cycling sounds. The freezer was cycling every 5-7 seconds.  Pete asked me a question about it and as I went to answer, I fell onto my glasses, bending the frames enough to pop out both lenses.  Betty was able to drive me over to Pearl Vision, where a wonderful tech spent about 20 minutes and put my glasses back together.  They are not as sturdy as they were, but with care I should be ok. Once repaired, we headed back to the boat.  Though the corrections are minimal, I have become dependent on the corrections and having my eyes constantly try to focus without them lead to a whopper of a headache.  I took some meds and laid down for about 90 minutes. Thankfully, it worked.
Glass flowers outside The Island Hideaway
     We were able to join Betty and John to tour the Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center.  The main building was being set up for a wedding, but we were still able to walk around and see the 40 different modern sculptures on the grounds.
     Once back we changed to head out to dinner at The Island Hideaway.  They took over for our favorite restaurant, Don Giovonni’s by the Sea. We enjoyed the Crab Dip and Seafood Lasagna, but both were rich with butter and cream. Pete’s lack of a gall blatter left him a bit uncomfortable later that night.              

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~      K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment