Wednesday, October 31, 2018

River Dunes ~ Day 3

     Bailey had no problems last night, but I had cramps in my feet and legs periodically through the night.  I finally figured out that walking the treadmill, I sometimes shorten my gate as I am slightly forward on the belt.  I think that might be the problem.
The ladies' locker room
off of the exercise room
     After breakfast, I did some chores while Pete worked.  I then headed over to exercise.  I figured that I might as well take advantage while I can.  After lunch, I read, visited with some new neighbors.  SV NIGHTWIND is in the dock opposite to us.   As we talked, we realized that we had met her 2 years ago. It was nice catching up.
    While Pete went up to pick up his package, he talked with Scott and Connie, MV EASY LIVIN’.  We met them in Solomons 2 years ago. They too will be heading to Morehead City Marina.  We will share Hors d'oeuvres tomorrow evening.  We look forward to it.
   We headed over to dinner with Lisa and Joe’s.  SV SEAFORTH might be a 1986 boat , but she was very gently used in the cooler climes of Maine. Jim has been very busy with work, then after work he is trying to get things done on board.  Much has been done already, but his current project, the head, is giving him problems as it is not a simple drop-in and install. Once it is functional, they will continue their journey south.   We are truly amazed by these two.  What a leap of faith!  They are resourceful, adaptable, and open to learn from others. In spite of all the craziness and new challenges, they are still smiling and talking to each other!  We look forward to keeping in touch and continuing their story!

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~      K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment