Friday, February 22, 2019

Stock Island ~ Week Three ~

Bailey supervising repairs
Saturday, 2/16/19 ~ I did some house cleaning while Pete changed the fuel and oil filter as well as the oil. Since the engine needs to be warmed up prior to the oil change, Pete found the oil pressure alarm sounding off again.  Pete opened up the engine and worked on the connections.  The alarm appears to be fixed. Keeping fingers crossed.
      After lunch we headed over to the pool with high expectations.  Unfortunately, there wasn’t a chair to be had. So, we headed back to the boat, hung a sheet for shade, enjoyed the breezes, relaxed and read.
    
North end of West Summerland Key
Tree partially stripped by
hurricane, but starting
to fill in.
Sunday, 2/17/18 ~ We headed up West Summerland Key so Pete could work with his drone.  There are very few areas here in the Keys where the FAA permits drone flights.  Even with winds about 15-18 mph Pete was able to get her airborne and steady!  While it was flying, Bailey and I stayed in the car.  I had to laugh when a family walked by, saw the drone and waved! It was a great day to sit and watch the water.  I am looking forward to see what Pete filmed during the flight.
     Once back, we again enjoyed our “porch” and read.

 Monday, 2/18/19 ~  After exercising, I returned to the boat to do laundry.  Apparently, the charter boats also like to do laundry on Monday.  I had to wait for the washers, and then wait for the driers. That meant I had to put the wet wash in a basket and make sure I returned before the driers were finished and others claimed them.  3 of the 4 driers were set for 90 minutes.  That makes quite a wait after the 32-minute washer cycle.  I did manage to wash the rugs after my 1st wash load was done and dried them over the safety line on board.

Tuesday, 2/19/19 ~  As the family & friends in the mid-Atlantic region prepare for another winter storm (I think this is the 8th  or 9th since December!), I promise not to complain about the warm, humid and windy weather predicted for the rest of the week. 
    I spent the afternoon working on Deb’s photos and feel more comfortable with the process. I have found I can make notes as to the number that corresponds with a desired color.  It is better than trying to fill in all the number fields or worse trying to find the color in the color grid.
   
Wednesday, 2/20/19 ~ Exercising is a bit challenging when the room gets warm and humid.  The room isn’t large, but those who use it really use all the equipment.  Since most days there are between 6 and 10 people in the 20’x 20’ room and they really work up a sweat.  Even doing Yoga, we we also work up a sweat.  . . but at least we are exercising daily.
          I managed to get more pictures of Deb processed.  I have started to use Photoshop again.  It isn’t reliable and difficult to work with.   Since I got the new machine with Windows 10, it has modified the Photoshop screens.   All the print has shrunk to 3-4 point font with the corresponding boxes adjusted to the smaller size. Even when I put in on my large monitor, the fonts are barely readable.  Also, after 90 minutes or so, the program does not recognize many of the tools. (brushes, stamp, lassos, etc.)  I have Elements, but Lightroom won’t transfer over to it; only to Photoshop.  Now I remember why I stopped using it. I do most of my adjustments in Lightroom, so I was able to avoid Photoshop. Now with the project for Debbie, I really need it. I find it hard to justify buying the subscription, since I don’t use it very often and the stand alone is no longer supported.  Hummm . . . .
     We made sure we called Hadi to wish her a happy birthday. She was very disappointed that they could not have her party or go out to McDonalds for dinner.  Everything had closed due to the snow/ice storm. Chris and Kel said the kids were bouncing off the walls and they had hoped to get them out of the house for a short while.  The party was to be very small so that they could celebrate it as a family up at Wolf Lodge and its water park in two weeks.

     Thursday, 2/21/19 ~ It was Judith and I heading to the gym this morning.  We had a good workout and were talking as we left the hotel.  Unfortunately, I did not see a small rock on the sidewalk, turned my ankle and went down. Only the ankle is sore.  We will have to see if I can exercise tomorrow.
     Made quite a dent on Deb’s photos, but they need to re reworked slightly now that I have gotten more comfortable and competent. I have even learned to draw in eyelashes using my mouse! A few more days and I should have a good selection for Deb to choose from.

     Friday, 2/22/19 ~ My ankle is slightly swollen and definitely sore, so I passed on exercising this morning. However, when I saw Deb, she asked if I could give her a lift to the “Doc in the Box (Urgent Care).”  There was a 90-minute wait, so I decided to head back to the boat to get a few things done. Then returned to pick her up.  The diagnosis, ear and sinus infection, so we made an additional stop for the prescriptions.

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~ K & P


    

No comments:

Post a Comment