Thursday, May 9, 2019

Port Royal to B & B Shrimp, NC

Today:          25 miles         4.4 hours          ICW St M “512.0 
Total:       2175 miles     302.3 hours

The air was still so the dew was very heavy on the boat.  It needed to be cleared from the windows before departure, which had to be by 6:15 am, so that we could pass through the Ladies Island Bridge before it closes for commuter traffic at 7 to 9. 
     This day’s travel took us through many changes of current due to all the inlets.  Sometimes we cruised at 4.3 mph while in other areas we were in the 9’s.
     We tried calling B & B Shrimp for docking instructions, but no one answered.  So, we docked ourselves.  Pete went to walk Bailey while I went up to pay the bill and get some shrimp.  I was greeted by the owner (not Isaiah), who promptly told me that he had no space for us as he had a large fishing boat due.  I told him we had made reservations yesterday.  He then “graciously” told me we could stay, but had to be gone early tomorrow and accepted my $25.00 dockage.  When I asked for 4 pounds of shrimp, he watched the new girl measure to make sure I paid for what I got. On previous visits here, Isaiah would grab a handful of shrimp, that would make “a pound”. Last year when I bought, we actually wound up with 7 instead of 4 pounds!  I miss Isaiah and I am pretty sure this will be the last time we stop here.  It is a well-worn, working dock with no amenities.
     The creek is Mosquito Creek and it lives up to its name once the sun is setting.  The mosquitoes are many, fierce, and stay until the sun is climbing into the sky. As a result, we closed up, and I made garlic shrimp and pasta. We then watched some TV, took Bailey had her final walk, and called it quits for the night.
    
~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~  K & P

No comments:

Post a Comment