Friday, March 6, 2020

Key West ~ Week Five


Sunday, 3/1/20 ~ We took advantage of the continued winds and cooler temperature to polish the cabin and toe rails. Pete was determined to complete it before it got too hot.  It is slightly warmer than yesterday. Thankfully, we were finished by 12:30, just in time for lunch.
     We treated ourselves by reading for the rest of the afternoon.  Unfortunately, we did the polishing with shorts and tee shirts. The winds and temperature made both of us don jackets and long pants by 4.
    After dinner we just chilled and watched TV.

Monday, 3/2/20 ~ After exercising this morning, I went to take a shower.  I didn’t think about February being a short month.  Here at the marina, the code changes on the 1st.  Pete didn’t send me the new number and I didn’t have my phone to call him.  Thank heavens one of the “red pants” (as the staff are referred to) was passing.  He gave me the new code.  Unfortunately, the reason I couldn’t get into the one by the laundry was that the battery was dead.  However, the code worked on the main showers.
     I just chilled and read while staying out of Pete’s way.  He had a number of phone conferences today.

Tuesday, 3/3/20 ~ Today was a lazy day.  Pete actually finished early and we both enjoyed the sunshine and breezes and good books. I have been reading the Outlander series.  I am on book 3 of 7. They are so good all I want to do is read, and the books are long. I have to force myself to do other things.
      We decided to eat an early dinner so that we could head down to Mallory Square and catch the sunset.  It was a cloudless sky and the sun set over one of the Keys further west so there was no chance of the green flash. It was a great chance to people watch and photograph sailboats.  We didn’t see any new entertainers or acts other than a “flying” jet skier.  He used the jet ski to power the jet pack attached to his feet.  He was really good.  Every time I went to take a shot someone stepped in front of me.  I was able to video a little bit on my phone.  Now I just need to figure out how to use just one frame of the video.  Hope I figure it out so I can post a photo.

Views from Mallory Square ~
         

       

Lights made from fishing floats
used by the hotel at Margaritaville Harbor
       We detoured on our way back.  The DQ was calling. Great way to end the day.

Wednesday, 3/4/20 ~ Woke up to a very humid morning.  The winds have died, and the temperature has begun to climb.  I did some chores this morning then read up above. I am on book 4 of the series.
     We had a phone conference with Pete’s Mom’s medial facility.  She has had a rough couple of weeks with issues popping up here and there. We are all on the same page as to where she is and what to expect.  She is our “Energizer Bunny,” taking a licking and still keeps ticking, even though she has been on Hospice Care for 20+ months!
     There were a number of phone conferences as well as prep for tomorrow’s conference for Pete. He did manage to put away the computer around 3 and joined me reading.

Thursday, 3/5/20 ~ I stayed out of Pete’s work space for most of the day. He was very involved with his client from California.  He and George spent 4 hours on a conference call that finally ended at 7 PM.  Since I didn’t want to come down and work in the galley, I suggested we head over for a pizza at Rustica.  Once we got there, we both forgot about pizza in favor of their lasagna.  Yum! And we have enough for another meal!

Friday, 3/6/20 ~  Pete worked this morning and I exercised. I did catch up with Betty and texting with Ann who is on Baby-Mia watch.  Her 1st grandchild was born today.
     Pete was done by lunchtime today, so I took over the table.  I was able to most of the day on the blog and process the photos.  With luck I will be able to post it later this weekend, and be caught up again!
     After dinner we walked over to see the cigarette boats which took place in a Poker Run earlier in the day.  The amount of horsepower on each of these relatively small boats is astounding.  30-35 foot boats with 1400-1800 horses in 4 huge engines!  Not only that, but there was a private, unmarked tanker truck refueling all the boats as well as mechanics and their Poker Run support truck.  On a side note: when Pete was walking Bailey before dinner, he saw a Bentley sedan wanting to get into the restricted parking for the marina with out success. He had to park with the hotel guests.  We figured he must be one of the boat owners.  Now I have more photos to process and post.  Oh well. . . .
       

       

~ ~ ~ /) ~ ~  P & K

No comments:

Post a Comment