Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flowers and Treasures

     I set the alarm for 6:30 so that I could help Andiamo leave this morning.  Since the winds were still present from the northwest, leaving the dock could have been a bit challenge, so having me on the dock was a plus. Once they were on their way to meet Brunelle in the channel, I came back and had breakfast and spoke with Pete at home in Delaware.

     Townsend had about 10 inches of snow, Philadelphia had 14 and Hartford is looking at 20-24 inches before the system leaves the east coast. Everything in Delaware is on a 2 hour delay due to road conditions.  Once roads were cleared, Pete took advantage to get a new cell phone.  His Blackberry had taken on a mind of its own; multiple daily system locks requiring battery removals and lately it jumped into speaker mode during calls. He could not put it off any longer. He is back to being a happy camper.


Some of the flowers found on my photo safari ~
Warm temps and no snow!!


   



      I called Cameras Etc. back in Delaware and spoke with Todd.  He suggested opening up the camera and dehumidifying it then  switching out the lens.  He also gave me Nikon’s help desk phone number. I followed his suggestions then went on another photo safari around town with my lens.  The pictures of the flowers came out great.


      So far no problems so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that something was on the connection of my lens causing the problems with not being able to take pictures.  The good news was that I was able to get some great pictures at the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum of the treasures of the Atocha to show Pete. The exhibit and story are fascinating.

     When I returned back to the boat, I asked the Harbor Master if it would be OK if we stayed until Sunday morning, due to Pete’s delay. Thankfully, it isn’t a problem. I found out that UPS delivered both the canvas from SailRite and the Raspberry tea and pictures from Lin and Bruce to the marina office.  I will have plenty to keep me busy for a while.

      The canvas is to make an awning over the front hatch so we can have ventilation in bright sun or rain. I also want to make a cover for the portable Honda generator, which we currently have as a back-up on board. (Sevilla is still waiting for the delivery of the transmission, which is currently in transit.)
     After dinner, I worked on the blog and downloaded pictures, but was too tired to do anything more than that.  I am still waiting for a good internet connection to upload everything.
An entire wall of Pieces of Eight

Gold bars



      
Replica of the Spanish Galleon
The re-created debris field

     A day that was at complete opposites for Pete and me. Looking forward to having him back aboard Pekabu soon.

~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment