Saturday, January 29, 2011

Errands & Projects . . .and Pete Returns

4' Tarpin that frequented the Old Harbor

Major mode of
K.W. transportation
     I got my exercise this morning running errands. Since Ace Hardware, West Marine, and Key West Marine are all within walking distance, Pete had a grocery list of items that I had added on to over the past several days.  I made 2 trips to Ace, one to West Marine with 3 bags and then a special trip to Key West Marine for one additional item.  Four items will still have to be delivered to West Marine in Key Largo on Thursday as they were not available in Key West.
Key West "Eagle"
     Once I was back on board, the trick was to find a place for everything I bought. After an hour of reorganization I was successful. The hardest was my sewing bag, the tool bag I had was perfect, but was getting moldy in the forward storage area.  I had to by 2 watertight boxes to hold the same amount of “stuff.” With the aid of Andy, one of the dock hands, we did a pump out. I also finally finished the sound blanket for the generator.
A bar, where the entire ceiling
 is covered with dollar bills

      Pete’s final leg of his flight was supposed to leave Charlotte at 6:30 PM and arrive here in Key West at 8:30 was delayed. As a result, I called and cancelled our plans with Maureen and Glen.  They were very sweet to offer to pick me up and head over to pick up Pete.  Then we could all go and grab a bite to eat. Since Pete had the same plane since Pittsburgh, he wasn’t sure how long the delay might be, we thought it best to have him take a cab whenever he arrived. We are just sorry we couldn’t spend our last night in Key West with them.

Street Performer
<><><><>
Some of the crowd that gathers nightly to applaud the
setting sun.















   Earlier I did walk over and watch a beautiful sunset on our last day here in Key West. Pete and I will just have to come back and see more of the town and more sunsets together!        

A Key West Sunset
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment