Sunday, January 16, 2011

Key Largo ~ Day 2

View from the breakfast patio. Brunelle is to the left.
     We all met on the hotel deck that overlooks our boats and the harbor for our continental breakfast, which is part of our docking fees.  It was really cool to sit and look over the harbor at such a tropical view.  It really put our trip in perspective. Candi stopped by to remind us that the Flee Market is still running on Sunday mornings, which is only a few block walk from here.  There is also a CVS and Walgreens right next door.  Guess where we ladies headed off to?!
View from the other end of the harbor towards our boats.
     In typical Flee Market fashion there was the glass jewelry that is the current fad, as well as the knock off purses, glasses and clothing.  There was also produce and a variation on the Christmas lights in the bottle, only now there are stickers on the outside of the bottles with some sort of frosting.  There was also the Girl Scout Cookie stand. However, there was no child in sight, so I didn’t feel obligated to purchase.
     Pete had asked me to try to find ratchet straps and o-rings for the hose. As we headed over to CVS, I saw the Napa Auto Parts store.  Since we need the fuel filters, I tried to call him for the part number.  Unfortunately, he didn’t have the phone on him. Four phone calls and a text message later, he called back.  This was a real unusual turn of events for Pete. I am usually the one who forgets to turn the ringer on or forgets my phone.  Pete had changed into work shorts to scrub the boat before doing business work and forgot to grab his phone from his good jeans—hence no phone. I was only 2 blocks away from Napa, so I was able to return for the filters and straps before fully returning to the boat.
     The afternoon was spent going through the pictures editing and deleting.  It is the one bad thing with digital: there is no limit to the amount you can take; hence the ruthless deleting process.   I have been able to take some great pictures of the other boats, I hope someone has some great ones of us. I just need to finish editing and downsizing the pictures for the blog so that I can post them. I currently have the posting for the past 4 days up without pictures.  The decision has been made to stay an additional day here at Kay Largo as there is at 70% chance of rain and storms predicted for tomorrow. I should be all caught up provided that the thunderstorms stay away.
These guys facinate me.
     Martha cooked pork and sauerkraut in the Crockpot for dinner.  I had the shrimp, crab and lobster dip but couldn’t find a cracker on board. Pete finished the last of the crackers when he experienced the sea sickness the other day. All my crackers must have been bought for the holidays back home! Thanks, Martha, for coming to my rescue!  Maureen made a wonderful string bean salad and Betty made the Oreo cookie dessert.  Needless to say, we all had a wonderful time.

~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment