Friday, January 28, 2011

Projects

    Pete will be arriving late tomorrow evening, so I want to get most of the preparation work done today and tomorrow morning. This morning, after breakfast I started the laundry then topped off our water tanks. Since there are no available water sockets easily accessible, Pierre let me borrow their hose.  I had to straighten up things that I scattered about when I went on a hunt for the quarters.  I had gotten 2 rolls from the marina office on Wednesday, but didn’t put them in the right place. It took 40 minutes before I found them in my shower bag. I forgot I had picked them up after showering the other morning and put them in the pocket of the bag.  DUH!
     I measured the boat generator, the Honda generator and the forward shelves for netting and worked out my patterns. After lunch, I went up to the marina office to ask if it would be OK to use the socket by the rest rooms and patio for laying out the canvas and my hot knife to cut the material.  They gave me the OK. My afternoon was spent on the tile patio marking and cutting fabric.  That is after I realized I didn’t bring my Taylor’s chalk (another 45 minutes lost on a search. GRRR!)  I finally used pencil to mark the material. (That hunt is another story!)
     Pete continued to work from home.  The saga of the jacket continued.  He has never heard back from the airport or the airlines. He did order jacket from Land’s End with next day delivery to be delivered today. It was delivered today at 4:15 PM. However, the package is missing. Pete checked everywhere outside with a flashlight and none of the neighbors have it at their homes.  Land’s End is sending another one to Marina Del Mar for delivery next week, but it won’t do him any good right now.
     Betty called to check to make sure I was doing OK on my own.  Both Andiamo and Brunelle are docked in Marina Del Mar, Key Largo. They have had two days of great sailing. They will make reservations for Pekabu for our arrival on Monday.
Bandit was the last of his pack. Rascal
and Tigger were older, but he was
reunited with them today.

Bandit finally spent a weekend
on Pekabu last Labor Day.
Due to bad hips, he could never
be a boat dog, but he really loved it.
   

~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment