Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Separate Ways

     As predicted, the weather was not the best. We dodged the sprinkles this morning as we investigated the market here in Key West. Fausto’s Food Palace is more of a gourmet food market, but it is in walking distance of the marina with fresh produce and a full selection. Dan and John headed back to the boats with the groceries, while Martha, Betty and I headed to the Restaurant Supply Store and the Bakery next door. On Martha’s recommendation, I picked up 4 small oil lamp/candle inserts, which will burn for many hours.  At the bakery, I purchased a great looking and aromatic apple turnover for later.












     When we returned, Brunelle headed out to the mooring field. They will be off to Marathon probably tomorrow if the winds are favorable.  Andiamo will be meeting various friends for lunch and dinner.  I placed our order with Omaha Steaks for delivery at Marina Del Mar in Key Largo and went on a photo safari here in Key West.  Unfortunately, my camera is giving me problems, so I returned home to investigate in by owner’s manual and internet. I will call Cameras, Etc. tomorrow.

     Above is some of the great ways people have fond to accent/decorate their homes. I wish I had remembered just where I had seen some of the other outrageous decorations, but these will do!


     Pierre and Kathy Irving aboard Shalamar, in the next slip, invited me aboard for dinner. My apple turnover joined Kathy’s find of cream and Key Lime cream filled pastries that topped off our Chicken Cacciatore dinner. We spent a delightful evening discussing everything from our children and photography, to the Bahamas.

     When I made the “big trip home” (all 2 feet!), I recheck the lines.  There is a substantial front that is working its way down the state of Florida. The “nexus,” as Pete often refers to the red line that often accompanies these fronts, is completely across the state. Currently from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale with a tornado watch box covering ¼ of the state and it is heading in this direction.  The only good news is that the red line stops before it hits the Keys, so hopefully it will continue to lessen as the night progresses.

With love, to all our Good Friends. . .from Key West
   I checked in with Heather and texted Pete good night and will keep my fingers crossed that it is a relatively quiet night.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment