Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time for the Blog

     I am fascinated at the number of international guests who visit this hotel.  This morning the family sitting next to us a t breakfast arrived last night from Denmark. Tomorrow they head up to Orlando, but since they were looking for something to do with their boys today, we suggested John Pennykemp Park as the boys could use up some of their energy in a variety of ways.
     Pete had a full morning of conference calls so I tried to stay out of his way.  The best way was to set up the computer on the forward bunk and start writing all the back dates of the blog.  As a result, I stood with my chest comfortably resting on the bed, as it is the right height and started typing. I have been making notes in my spiral notebook each day knowing that I needed to do the posting and the writing would go pretty fast (at least for me) based on the note.  It is now 5:50 and I am totally up to date; all 16 days worth are finally written and should be posted by tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I will have to work on the pictures and NO, I didn’t finish the little bit I need to finish on the awning so I can put away the sewing machine. . .  hopefully tomorrow!
    Right now I have to quit because John is preparing fresh fish brought in by the fishing boat that is docked next to him. The yellow tail was delicious. Martha made the salad and Pete rode over to the store for ice cream to which I added the fresh pineapple for dessert.
   At dinner we discussed our crossing.  The weather window might be good this weekend so that opens the possibility of a land cruise to the Miami Boat Show on Friday. This is a great place, but we are all getting antsy. The boat show will be a great diversion providing we leave the credit cards home.  Besides “our new boats” couldn’t be delivered and loaded in time for us to make our window, so we can only go to look and do a little wishing.
    Wishing is good. . . This adventure was but a wish a few years ago!
 ~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathy!
    It is great to hear from you! Here's hoping that you can begin the next leg of the journey soon.
    I look forward to keeping up with you! Things are the same here, so let me live vicariously through you! All the best, Jann

    ReplyDelete