Saturday, November 6, 2010

River Dunes -- Play Day


The crew is tuning up for the
game.

Connie and the Koi pond
by the 18th hole
      Today was Golf Day.  Tee time was arranged for 11 AM. We went to the course with the Nemechek’s in the rental car, while the Dooley’s borrowed the marina’s courtesy car and met us at Minnesott Golf Course in Oriental.  It was a beautiful day and great day for golf.  For those who know me, NO I do not play golf. I did, however, take up Maureen’s suggestion to use the nine iron and hit a few practice balls.  Everyone suggested I join them.  However, I decided to quit while I was ahead.  I enjoyed being a “designated driver.”  It was a very pretty course and I learned a lot about the game. There is a lot of talking to a  little white ball that is very much like our kids…it really doesn’t listen very often, but when it does, you feel really good!


Afterwards, the Dooley’s had to head back to the marina, but we had an early dinner at M & M’s Restaurant near the harbor in Oriental. During the afternoon a cold front had come through, so Maureen and I really enjoyed the crab and corn chowder while Pete had Texas Chili before our entrees.

It was really a great day, with great friends, good food, and fresh air poisoning. 

Tonight the clocks “fall back” and so from here on out the sun will rise earlier, but more importantly will also set one hour earlier, which will factor in our plans.
       
                             ~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete
 


No comments:

Post a Comment