Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Voices of Experience -- (River Dunes, NC)

     We actually slept in with the clock change.  It was a lazy morning. We fiddled with the refrigerator that is now showing some promise leveling towards the temps where we need it. Pete was able to read and watch the Eagles vs Colts game.
      I researched blogs as so far I have had no luck finding a resolution to my HTML and picture posting problems. Since ours is not for general posting, it makes it hard to find a blog to meet my needs and limited experience.  I sent out an e-mail with the last 3 days of postings. I am sure that some of the recipients will be surprised as since I am limited to 100 readers, I am sending to 1 per family, so please remember to share.
     Mid-afternoon I heard from Martha’s son, Sam, the “keeper of all wisdom and knowledge of all things technical” according to his parents.  He was wonderful, patient and was able to remotely log into my machine to assess and correct the problem.  Then he explained what I needed to correct and go forward.  Now it seems so simple. In about 3 hours I corrected and placed all entries in chronological order.  I really thought I was looking at a few days!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SAM!!!!
    There are a quite a few new faces and a lot more open slips in the marina today.  Many of our new cruising friends have resumed their travels southward while others have arrived. Some of them came to this evening’s dinner of sea food chowder and salad up at the Main House this evening. Joe and Lynn are from the Annapolis area and sailed to Rhode Island this summer; then began working their way down the coast and will continue on to the Bahamas.  In Deltaville, they met up with Joy and Tony, who began their trip in their homeport of Cleveland back in June.  They, too, plan to see the Bahamas. Like us, this is their maiden long-term cruise for both of them. One of the new couples, whose names I don’t remember, have been living on their 37’ Hunter for 5 years. They have traveled from California through the Panama Canal and up the Eastern Coast as far as Block Island.  They are now heading back down to Florida and perhaps over to the Bahamas depending on family. They shared information on inlets, marinas and anchorages as well as weather insights.
We look forward to being a voice of the experienced cruiser!
                     ~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment