Thursday, April 21, 2011

Heading to Charleston









     I was able to take a few early morning photos before we departed.  While I was shooting, a dolphin came up right next to the boat and me and puffed. Needless to say he startled me and I jumped.  He was gone before I could take a picture of him.
While waiting for our fleet, I watched
the pelicans waiting, then join the fishermen
 as they checked their catch.
    Even though we had traveled through this area of the ICW before, I am still captivated by the beauty, serenity, and subtly of these ever changing vistas.  One thing I notice between yesterday and today is the number of dolphins we have seen.  Perhaps because it is spring rather than fall, over the last two day I have probably seen about 100 dolphins. . .and each one just as special as the first.

Brunelle through one of the cuts


Home in Elliott Cut

North side of Elliott Cut with alll the whirls and eddies
due to the current.  At just above idle we were doing 7.3 knots!

Some boats are timeless.
This Trumphy is one of them.











    
      We were able to tie up to the Mega Dock at Charleston City Marina by 4 PM.  This place is so large, they will come and pick us up with a golf cart to take us to the marina office to do laundry, get ice, etc., or to take us out to the parking lot to get the shuttle into town.  I took advantage to laundry.  Unfortunately, the marina laundry was full, so they took me up to the restaurant, which had additional machines.  It was great.  I waited in the bar and had a complementary ice tea in a comfortable booth overlooking the marina and I read a book while waiting for the laundry.  I was almost done when Pete called.  We were just about to get a bad thunderstorm. I wound up sitting the storm out in the restaurant; then called for a ride once it had passed. I was able to make it back before the next storm came.

   Hopefully, these storms will be gone tomorrow so we can explore some more of Charlestown, especially Fort Sumter.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment