Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin’ It’s April. . . Already?

   We awoke to heavy clouds this morning and early rain. We listened to the Cruiser’s Net as we have since arriving in the Abacos.  There was the regular community announcements followed by a special reading of the Abaconian, which turned out to be a tongue and cheek April Fool’s Day addition. Then the broadcast continued in its traditional fashion.
    A little later, John, Betty, Pete and I took a walk over to the north side of the harbor. The rain departed and the clouds are thinning.  There is a store that carries a great selection of frozen wholesale and retail fish.  We wanted to pick up some lobster to add to the remaining B & B shrimp for the group dinner next week.  Betty and John continued on with the walk, but we returned so we could get the lobster into the freezer.
Smoke form the largest fire on the island.
    The sun came out this afternoon and the winds picked up a little, but the temperature is considerably cooler than it has been.  Hopefully, this will help with the fires on the island. 
    Pete hadn’t planned on working, but wound up putting in a good six hours.  I edited pictures then fought with the internet from my computer for about 3 hours this afternoon. I had to stop to get some appetizers ready and then head over to Brunelle for dinner.  It was great to see Pegg and Jay again. A good time was had by all at dinner. Multiple conch horns in the harbor heralded the setting sun.  We headed back to our marina shortly thereafter.
    After getting angry again at my computer, Pete suggested I use his while he checks my machine.  Well, the diagnosis is I am not going crazy, my machine is . . .sort of.  It has a communication problem with the internet that he cannot figure out.  He will consult his resource, George. Thankfully, I was able to use my portable hard drive and Pete’s machine to post about a week and a half worth of entries to the blog.
   I know, I know.  All I have to do is look back on this blog and look at all the entries.  We left 5 months ago! I still can’t believe that much time has flown by. It seems impossible that it will be coming to an end . . . too soon.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete    

No comments:

Post a Comment