Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to Work

     Pete set up the computer and I prepared breakfast.  He started working and I went up to start the laundry.  Apparently, there a women, who works at the facility and who does not get along with guests.  I didn’t know that.  I went to move my laundry from the washers into the dryers, which had clothes in them.  I took them out and loaded my stuff, then started to fold the items I had removed.  Apparently, she had gone to lunch and was embarrassed to find that I had folded the 3 loads. I asked if she enjoyed her lunch and explained that had nothing to do right now and this kept things from being wrinkled.   As it turns out, when I went to fold my clothes, my small loads were still pretty damp.  I complained to the office, and she happened to be there.  She volunteered to down to check.  She stated that “this was not right.”  Asked me to wait, went upstairs for more tokens, came back down and restarted my machines. She returned later to make sure I was OK with my laundry and we exchanges smiles.
     Pete had to contact the tech support for his Kindle.  Last night it froze and would not move on the Menu, charge or the charging light turn off.  He tried the hard boot and it didn’t work.  The tech was able to do the magic and it seems to be working fine.
    I was able to do some research on marinas in the Abacos for the next part of our cruising.  I also reorganized some closet space before putting away the clothes and I finished a great book, “Eat Love Pray.”  A very special friend had given it to me over a year ago and I had put it in a special place.  I didn’t find it until right before this trip.  Thanks, Carolyn, for such a rich and beautiful read and a character very similar to someone I met in East Greenwich, 27 years ago.
   I would say it has been a very good day.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete    

No comments:

Post a Comment