Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eleuthera, Here We Come

You can see the bottom at 20 feet under aggitated water
     We pulled up anchor at 9 AM.  There was no breeze, so the waters were perfectly calm and you could see straight to the bottom.  It is always such a marvel to look out at the water and see the clarity, the color, and vibrancy.  We headed south through the Highborne Cut, where the race was running. Even with the agitated water, you could still see the bottom.
Brunelle traversing the Cut
     There is a BeTelCo tower on Highborne.  Pete has had decent service from this tower as we passed this area in the past.  I tried last night for a couple of hours, but my telephone would not connect.  His phone rebooted twice during the night and numerous times this morning.  I have no idea what is going on with that tower.
We were reminded that not all vessels are on the water for
pleasure; some are here to work.
Betty was enjoying the view
from the deck of Andiamo.

Brunelle as she approached Powell Point, Eleuthera
  






Her sails and hull turned
aqua from the reflection.
    













  Once clear of Highborne, we crossed over into very deep waters of Exuma Sound and remained there until we approached Powell Point on Eleuthra.  As we approached, the water changed from a very deep bluegreen to the aquamarine.  I went forward to the bow to take photos of Andiamo and Brunelle. In an effort to capture some of the other colors I spanned to the right and caught another sailboat, which caught the reflections of the water on her hull and sails, making her all aqua. I think I know the name of the boat, (Goose Bumps) but I don’t have her card.  Hopefully, we will come across her in the near future so I can forward her owner’s the picture.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete    

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathy!
    I absolutely love it when the water turns that aqua hue and just permeates everything with its incredible color. Fantastic. I hope you are doing well and enjoying the ride! Longing for warm weather and green leaves here in Delaware!

    ReplyDelete