Monday, March 21, 2011

Together again in Atlantis

     Brunelle docked today in Atlantis, but their son, Danny, and his wife, Natasha, arrived considerably later after some plane delays.
     Pete and I spent the morning trying to figure out whether we were going to travel with the group or go by ourselves straight to the Harbor Town area so that Pete can work.  The weather forecast is against us.  The winds today are 25-30 knots, creating 4-5 foot seas that will continue through tomorrow; even though the winds are due to die down. An 84 mile trip is barely doable in a day and with that kind of a sea, our forward progress is cut to less than a third.  There is no jump off point between here and there so we would be stuck.  After much discussion, we will be going with the rest of our fleet and praying that Pete will have the time and internet he needs. 
Pete took these great pictures while out
with John and Betty
    Betty and Pete really want to spend some time on the more adventurous slides in the water park.  That isn’t John’s cup of tea and I am under the weather with my cold.  I offered to sit out and keep an eye on everything, plus listen to the radio for Brunelle when they come looking for us. After one loop, John kept me company.  The winds kept the temperature quite cool.  Shortly thereafter, Brunelle’s crew found us, deposited their stuff and waded in to the water to find a tube. Once everyone had their fill, we headed back by way of the “The Dig” to make sure Danny and Natasha had a chance to see it.
     We invited John and Betty join us aboard Pekabu for dinner before heading out to take pictures. However, once we were done with dinner, my energy was depleted so I sent Pete off with John and Betty.  He was able to show them how to take night time shots without using the flash with their camera and push the exposures.  Once again my bean bags came in handy.
     I really would like to know just how I managed to get not one, but 2 colds on this trip. I have been eating right, getting plenty of sleep, avoiding drafts and large groupings of people. . . . I know, quit complaining.   There are worse things than having a cold, and worse places to be sick, so end of discussion.   
    Pete came back really please.   I can see why! Pete is a great teacher. I hope Betty and John had great success as well.
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete    

No comments:

Post a Comment