Thursday, March 3, 2011

Picture Perfect!

     The storms did not materialize last night.  The skies were clear, but the winds really blew all night.  They are due to continue through today and probably tomorrow.  For at least today, we stayed put. Pete had a lot on his plate work wise, but I headed out with the others to explore.
    This morning, Dan, Jess, Sam and Ben in one dingy, and John, Betty, Julia and I in the other headed around the eastern end of the island to Hog Cay to see the waves as the crashed onto the Cay.  I am so glad I did not volunteer to take one of the mooring balls out there.  We are much better protected here and easier access.  It was fun and beautiful to climb up to look out over the anchorage and ocean.  We then cross over the anchorage to check out the “pirate’s lair,” which really interested Ben. 
     We returned for some lunch. Then the crew from Andiamo and I headed to the Ranger’s headquarters to pay for the extra day,d wifi and explore the trails. We were very interested in Boo Boo Hill.  After a wrong turn that took us to some very interesting terrain, we finally made the climb.  It was well worth it.  We should have had something to write on the drift wood that CCYC or Brunelle, Andiamo and Pekabu had been here! Hundreds of others had done so before us. The winds up there were steady at least 25-30 knots with waves 8-10 feet on the ocean. My camera could not be held still, but I am taking pictures I only dreamed about.
Waves crashing on Hog Cay










View from Hog Cay
Boo Boo Hill with years of
 boatnames and messages left behind





      We returned and I went back to working on the blog.  I really want to get it all caught up ASAP, but with limited power and wifi, I will work when I can.  Now I have about 80 pictures I took today to cull and edit.  Why do I keep doing this to myself??? I guess I really like it.  Who wouldn’t in the Bahamas!
~  ~ (\_~ ~ ~     Kathy and Pete 

No comments:

Post a Comment